We all know him. That one guy in the neighborhood with the best garage. The garage that everyone drives past and drools over. The garage with endless storage space and function. The garage with the eat-off-the-floor finish. Why does that guy’s garage have to be so cool? Good news–your garage can be cool, too. Check out these six ways to make your garage more awesome.
1. De-clutter! I hate to ruin the fun after only a few seconds, but you’re never going to have an amazing, usable garage if you don’t first tackle your hoard. And I mean tackle. Head on. Pull things out of storage and make decisions about keeping, selling, donating, or trashing your stuff. It’s not a fun task, but it’s certainly rewarding when you can see your garage start becoming more awesome!
2. Look on up! Put your long-term storage items up high with store-bought or DIY shelving. Some great out-of-sight space that is rarely tapped into is above the garage door. Extra bonus–it’s practically unseen when the garage door is open.
Have more cars than garage stalls? Instantly increase your parking space with car lifts.
3. Keep clutter at bay with a garage-friendly storage system. And actually use it. The saying goes, “a place for everything and everything in its place.” Make that your new garage motto and you’re well on your way to a more awesome garage.
4. Splash some color on the walls–something inviting that begs you to spend time there.
5. Coat the floor! Goodbye, dirty, cracked concrete. Hello, beautiful floor coating! Remember the part about the eat-off-the-floor finish? Well, here it is. Polyurea floors are a great option because they are quick and easy to install (click here to contact your local Garage Force installer), easy to clean, and totally color/design customizable. I can almost hear your neighbors talking about your awesome “new” garage.
6. Keep it clean! After spending time getting your garage up to snuff, you’re going to want to keep it in good shape. If you installed your ceiling storage, have a great cabinet system, splashed the walls with color, and corrected your bare concrete woes, then all that’s left is to keep it clean and tidy. Hose down your new waterproof floors to wash away dirt, set up some tables and chairs, and invite your friends and neighbors over for a garage party to show off your new digs.